September 20, 2012
Since its publication in 1997, Love Your God with All Your Mind has had an impact for the cause of Christ that goes considerably beyond anything I could have imagined. It would be a significant understatement to say that I am grateful to God for this fact.
Over the last 15 years, I have been deeply encouraged by the outpouring of support from readers all around the world for this book. It is moving to me to have readers from different vocations and seasons of life find this book to be supportive to their life in God, whether they are parents, educators, professionals in business, science and medicine, pastors, students and so many others!
In my estimation, the majority of the first edition’s content is as relevant today as when it first appeared in print. But some updating was needed and, in my view, the reader could be better served by changing a few of the chapters. So I wanted to offer a revised and updated version of the book.
Here's a snapshot of some of the major changes:
- In chapter 1, I added a brief section about the current three-way worldview struggle in Western culture.
- In chapter 2, I have included a new section on the nature of knowledge and its importance to Christianity.
- Chapters 7–9 of the original have been removed and replaced with three new chapters providing an outline of how to present a case for God’s existence and the historicity of the life, teachings, deeds, death, and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. No author likes to remove material from his or her writing, and I am no exception to this rule. But, in my opinion, chapters 7–9 of the original edition, though useful, were not as helpful as the rest of the book.
- The appendices, which provide further resources for cultivating an integrated Christian mind, have been thoroughly updated and expanded. I am deeply indebted to Joe Gorra for his work on the appendices.
- Finally, you can download a FREE and helpful book discussion guide, which has also been developed by Joe Gorra. I encourage you to utilize this guide, whether for individual or small group purposes. When you combine the book, the resources recommended in the appendices and then the discussion guide, you have, in my estimation, a valuable context for self-learning in a variety of areas and themes addressed in this book.
I welcome your reviews of the book at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, ChristianBooks.com or at any other favorite places to shop. If you blog or enjoy posting on Facebook or Twitter, I would be very grateful to have your support and help in announcing this new edition to friends and acquaintances.
So, it is with gratitude and expectation that I offer to you, my reader, an improved and significantly altered edition of Love Your God with All Your Mind. May God be pleased to use it as He sees fit.