How to Maintain a Peace of Mind
- Date: 8/2/2009
- Occasion: Vineyard Anaheim, Sunday Morning Service
- Media Type: Streaming Audio
- Audience: Beginner
- Kingdom Categories: Spiritual Formation
Stressors abound in our busy lives. Many things seek to grab our attention in any given day. Anxiety is pandemic in our society. How can we maintain peace of mind in the midst of personal and cultural tumult? Does Christianity have wisdom and knowledge in this area? Drawing reflection from Psalm 131, this talk seeks to show how a person can maintain a particular peace of mind, which amounts to more than just mental or behavioral adjustments.
My talk integrates important insights from character and spiritual formation and biblical wisdom about how to deal with an agitated mind. When one considers what scripture reveals in this area, one can see its realism and its ability to provide knowledge of human persons that enriches how we live in the ordinariness of our lives.
Related content: If this talk interests you, you might also want to consider the following:
- It is squarely in touch with what is an agitated mind and how to deal with it.
- It applies biblical wisdom and insight to real life issues in the ordinariness of human life and action.
- It offers decisive and practical steps toward dealing with an agitated mind.