A Christian Understanding of Social Justice
- Date: 10/16/2020
- Occasion: Presented virtually for the 2020 Reveal conference.
- Media Type: Streaming Video
- Audience: Intermediate
- Kingdom Categories: Life of the Mind
Is the contemporary movement of "Diversity, Social Justice, and White Privilege" consistent with Christianity? This talk reflects on that question. For more related to this topic, see "Correcting the Strawmen: Why Most Evangelical Christians are Political Conservatives."
- It surveys assumptions of contemporary notions of "social justice" and some of their intellectual background.
- It offers a critique and alternative way of thinking about contemporary values on "social justice."
- It presents a Christian view of government and its role.
Comment With Care