- Date: 06/26/2023
- Occasion: Thinking Christianly podcast with Stan Wallace.
- Media Type: Streaming Audio
- Audience: Beginner, Intermediate
- Kingdom Categories: Life of the Mind
In recent episodes of the Thinking Christianly podcast, Stan Wallace and I discuss the importance of Edmund Husserl.
We dialogue about the following topics . . .
From the May 15th episode:
- Who Edmund Husserl is and why his work matters to Christians.
- How commitment to the truth lead us to be counter-cultural.
- How we can be faithful through lonely and challenging times.
- Unexpected ways God uses the seeds we plant to bring Him glory.
- How Husserl’s philosophical insights help shape our understanding of what is true, good, and beautiful.
From the June 15th episode:
- Why it is important to do work that doesn’t specifically address the cultural moment.
- How to faithfully push back against false cultural assumptions.
- The story of saving the works of Husserl and other Jewish scholars from Nazi tyranny.
- Why we should honor, preserve, and build on ideas passed down from others.
- The role of the next generation in taking up the mantle of Christian thought.
- The art of seeking long term objectives and why it’s critical that we do.
- Offers important biographical survey of Husserl's work.
- Reflects on the significance of being faithful to the truth as a counter-cultural practice.
- Underscores the importance of 'next generation' training of Christian thought leaders.