- Title: Finding Quiet: My Story of Overcoming Anxiety and the Practices that Brought Peace
- Publish Date: 05/07/2019
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Audience: Beginner
- Kingdom Categories: Life of the Mind, Power of the Kingdom, Spiritual Formation
Description: In May 2004, I awoke in the middle of the night to a severe panic attack. Though often anxious by temperament and upbringing, I had never experienced such an incident before. Thus began an extended battle with debilitating anxiety and depression.
More than a decade later, I continue to manage mental illness. Yet along the way I've moved from shame and despair to vulnerability and hope. In Finding Quiet, I tell my story and seek to come alongside fellow sufferers with encouragement and practical, hard-won advice. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, nearly 20 percent of Americans suffer from mental illness, and people in the pews are not immune. My book explores the spiritual and physical aspects of mental illness, pointing readers toward sound sources of information, treatment, and recovery.
- Preview This Book
- Order Finding Quiet: My Story of Overcoming Anxiety and the Practices that Brought Peace
- It is a bracing and honest account of a public spokesperson for Jesus.
- It will validate the experiences of believers with mental illness.
- It will remind those with mental illness that they are not alone, and provide reassurance that they can not only survive but thrive again.
Table of Contents: