Finding Quiet: Vineyard Anaheim Interview
- Date: 5-26-2019
- Occasion: May 26, 2019, Vineyard Anaheim, evening gathering.
- Media Type: Streaming Audio
- Audience: Beginner
- Kingdom Categories: Life of the Mind, Power of the Kingdom, Spiritual Formation
Enjoy an interactive interview on the backstory and themes of Finding Quiet. I - along with my dear wife, Hope - are interviewed about issues of anxiety, mental health, matters of spiritual formation. We are interviewed by our lead pastor, Alan Scott. Hope comes in at about the 10 minute mark.
Related Content: If this audio presentation interests you, you might also want to consider the following:
- Finding Quiet (book).
- The Lost Virtue of Happiness (book).
- Kingdom Triangle (book).
- "Anxiety and Mental Illness Labeling" (post)
- "How J.P. Moreland Presented His Anxious Mind to God" (interview).
- "Neuroscience and the Soul" (interview audio)
- "Restoring the Substance of the Soul to Psychology" (article).
- In Search of a Confident Faith (book)
- "Mysticism, Awareness of God, and Postmodern Confusions" (article)
- "Christianity and Non-Empirical Knowledge" (article)
- "Discerning God's Voice (when God seems silent)" (video)
- It encourages trust in God's means for addressing and overcoming anxiety.
- It describes a both-and framework regarding use of medications and the indispensable role of the Holy Spirit, the relevant use of various therapies, and the importance of meditating on the presence of God.
- It gives insights into how to present an anxious mind and body to God.
- It offers a reliable snapshot into some of the core themes of Finding Quiet.
- It is attentive to the social dimensions of anxiety, especially how it affects one's relationship with a spouse.